Occasionally friends of E. Catlin Donnelly & Associates make us aware of job opportunities. Please note that we are not recruiters for these positions. For more information, please use the contact information listed in the detailed posting.
Development Coordinator, Boston Harbor Now (Boston, MA)
As a member of the development team, the Development Coordinator will carry out the administrative operations of Boston Harbor Now’s fundraising department while assisting the programs team up to 25% of the time. The candidate will process timely gift acknowledgements, schedule and prepare meeting materials for internal and external meetings, process donations, and keep accurate records of gifts in the donor database. This position will also contribute up to 10 hours a week on supporting public programs.
Development Support (75%)
- Produce timely donor acknowledgements
- Accurately input donations in Salesforce database, including appropriately recording the donor information, source of the gift, relevant gift details, and digital scans of documents
- Maintain a high level of data quality, including identifying potential duplicate records and updating contact information on an ongoing basis
- Assist the Vice President of Philanthropy in scheduling meetings, and assist with expenses and invoicing
- Work with the Executive Administrator to schedule the CEO and manage follow up
- Correspond with donors and potential donors while representing the organization in a professional manner
- Carry out daily mail operations including retrieving mail from the PO Box in downtown Boston
- Maintain supplies of office materials like stationery and postage stamps
- Formatting and design in Microsoft products, Canva, and MailChimp
- Assist with fundraising events by preparing letters, name badges, and event materials and assisting with registration
- Develop sponsorship recognition at programs, and collaborate with the Communications team on implementation
- Assist in creation, presentation, and follow-up of development presentations and other fundraising communications
Program Support (25%)
- Assist with planning and logistics for special events working with the Programming team
- Develop and coordinate volunteer and BHN staffing strategies for events
- Collaborate and strategize with programming team on community and access events
- Staff public programming on select weekends and evenings (up to two weekends a month during the peak season)
- Develop program follow up messaging and communication to cultivate new prospects and donors
- Other duties as assigned
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and working closely with the President and CEO, executive and management team, our ideal candidate is a dedicated and motivated individual who is able to stay highly organized, multi-task, take initiative and maintain good relationships with internal and external audiences. This position is also responsible for scheduling staff and Board meetings and appropriate committee meetings. The Executive Administrator must anticipate the needs of a busy and dynamic office; interface with the Board, staff and a diverse constituency; maintain confidentiality and assist in implementing priorities aligned with the organization’s strategic agenda. This position anticipates the needs of a small number of senior level staff, manages the Board, and supports a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Supporting President and CEO
- Maximize the effectiveness of the CEO’s Office in meeting annual goals by maintaining the calendar; proofread, disseminate and monitor written correspondence as needed; review mail; answer phones and other administrative duties as needed.
- Work with the Development team to ensure donor relations including cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgements are completed in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Board of Trustees and Board of Advisors Strategy
- Work with the management team and executive team to assist in measuring performance of the organization’s initiatives against Boston Harbor Now’s strategic plan, develop metrics and manage a dashboard.
- Work with the Chief Administrative Officer to analyze and evaluate implications of possible solutions and provide recommendations to leadership relative to the strategic plan, mission and vision.
- Support the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee.
- Maintain Board relationships, write monthly, quarterly and annual reports, respond to requests and provide necessary information.
- Support the Governance Committee including board orientation and recruitment database and calendar.
- Attend and support Committees as needed by scheduling the annual calendar; compiling and disseminating agendas and minutes; and ensure other follow up is accomplished.
- Plan, schedule, and distribute notices of office events, including staff meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Ensure that internal and external communications are consistent among our many diverse constituents; government agencies, private businesses and civic leaders, staff, and donors.
- Work with the administrative team improving systems, policies, and procedures
- Manage shared resources like rooms, conference call lines, office supplies and equipment for all staff.
- Serve on cross-functional teams and committees as needed.
- Assume responsibility for special projects, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and disseminating content across our channels (chiefly through social media and mailing lists), monitoring and updating websites, and supporting the production of print and digital materials. The Communications Coordinator liaises with other staff across departments at Boston Harbor Now, as well as with staff members at partner agencies and organizations to source information on upcoming events, news, and engagement opportunities across Boston’s harbor and waterfront.
- Sourcing and executing mailing list campaigns via Mailchimp platform for Boston Harbor Now and Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park
- Developing social media calendar and content, and monitoring / responding to social media channels
- Monitoring websites and updating content regularly on WordPress
- Marketing public programs and events through calendar listings and paid posts, and supporting ticketing through Eventbrite
- Updating press mentions database and creating monthly press reports
- Tracking engagement metrics and generating quarterly reports
- Designing program flyers, social media graphics, and other engagement materials
- Working with outside vendors on the production of branded materials
- Performing basic video editing and uploading for webinars and virtual programs
- Staffing special events and community programs as needed, especially when documenting for social media
- Other duties as assigned